Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reflection...

As this year on staff is coming to an end and the new year is beginning, I want to reflect on this past year.

Living life abundantly has been a highlight of this year. The verse John 10:10 has constantly come to me throughout the year. It's a verse that God has given me to meditate on. And to be honest I didn't at first because I thought 'oh that's nice, of course I'm doing that. I'm working at this place that is doing amazing things.' But the truth is, I wasn't living my life in abundance I was living my life through the context of YWAM. YWAM is a great place and I love working here but it's not all that my life is.

So this past year has been a year of discovering what it looks like for me to live life in abundance and recognizing when Satan was trying to steal and destroy life for me. There have been many moments when it's been hard and part of me thought that it would just be easier for me to go back to the way that I've always lived my life. But the truth is that it's not me that wanted that, not the person that I am in Christ, but the flesh in me. The part that's lazy and stuck in my ways(I know I'm young but it's still hard to change sometimes).

This is such a small part of all that god has been showing me and teaching me about myself and Him in this year. I just wanted to give a little overview of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment